Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Monday, October 11, 2010

Nashville and Fall Color


My wife and I are getting ready to travel to Nashville to visit our daughter this coming weekend.  We have been looking forward to this trip for some time now.  Tennessee is a beautiful state with plenty of opportunities for some good landscape photography.  Not to mention the fact that Nashville is a fun city to visit.  I am also really looking forward to a 4 day side trip over to the Smokey Mountains.  It looks like we might be a tad early for peak Fall color, but we'll make the most of it.  It's always a gorgeous area for photography.  I am hopeful to get a few good shots that I can post right here.



As you probably know the top picture is of downtown Nashville.  It was taken about 20 minutes after sundown using a long exposure (about 10 seconds).  That makes the water in the river look smooth and silky.  The other photo is of a river in the Smokey Mountains in the springtime.  As you can probably tell, it also was taken using a longer exposure to make the water look smoother.  I am hopeful that I can get some photos like this but with some Fall color in them.  We'll see. As always, I encourage you to post any comments you may have.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment