Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Color and our week in Tennessee




My wife Vicky and I just returned from spending a week in Tennessee visiting our daughter Sandy.  We had a great time exploring Nashville and the Smokey Mountain National Park.  There was some beautiful Fall Color to see in the Smokies, particularly at the higher elevations and over on the North Carolina side.  I've included a couple of photos (above) that show off some of the fall leaf color we saw.

The Biltmore Estate


In addition to the Smokies, we visited the Biltmore Estate (photo above) in Asheville, we saw a beautiful glass art exhibit by Chihuly at the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens outside of Nashville and we spent an evening of wine tasting and music at a winery owned by Kik Brooks of Brooks & Dunn fame.  All in all it was a relaxing week of getting to visit our daughter and having some beautiful photographic opportunities. 

Chihuly Glass Art

2 comments:

  1. I love the fall colors. I'd like to be able to zoom in on all the pictures too - it seems that the Chihuly Glass doesn't let me. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete