Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Just to change things up I thought I would take a break from the Palouse and post another lighthouse photo today.  This one is of Yaquina Head Lighthouse in Newport, Oregon.  This was taken in early July when there were a lot of flowers blooming.  The park didn't open it's gates until 8am so I had to park outside the gates and hike in about a mile to get the sunrise photo you see above.  These hikes are fun because you are all by yourself in a beautiful local and everything is quiet and peaceful.  Very enjoyable way to get a little exercise. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bill,
    Another great photo. I like the way you capture light/shadow and provide such an interesting line for the shore/water. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice, I love a good lighthouse shot. Smell that salt air? I think I hear a gull.
    Johnny like

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like a beautiful morning!
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete