Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Iconic Palouse View

When I first saw this scene, I knew this was going to be for me the iconic view of the Palouse.  You've got barns, hilly terrain, wheat fields, a leading line leading your eye to a single tree and even some clouds in the sky.  However, it's one of those scenes that unless you're carefully looking for it, you would drive right by it.  But fortunately, I was with Dan Sniffin, a photographer with an uncanny sense of composition.  He was the one who discovered this very out of the way location that worked to the delight of everyone in our group.  I would love to return here at either sunrise or sunset.

6 comments:

  1. Love this one too! Sounds like a rewarding trip - so many great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, I totally agree with everything you said, but the question begs, can you find that spot again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to walk down that path and knock on the door of that farm house. Anyone want to come with me? Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly lovely!
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. There ya go giving Dan WAYYYY too much credit again.. gheezzz... Great photo Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll go with you Vicky! I can just feel the warm fresh air! Awesome pic!

    ReplyDelete