Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Friday, September 2, 2011

Palouse Tree

This photo was taken on my last day in the Palouse.  In an earlier blog post I had a photo of this same tree taken from Steptoe Butte.  For this one we drove right up to the tree and got the opportunity to place it more prominently as the main subject.  I usually don't get too excited about trees, but this scene was as pretty in person as it is in the photo.  Once again I used the leading line of the curved edge of the field to lead your eye to the tree.  I only wished that the sky would have had a little less cloud and a little more blue.  But hey, didn't have control over that one.  Anyway, this is still one of my favorite shots that I got of the Palouse.

5 comments:

  1. :^O

    This is so interesting! It's a very striking image with a distinct mood. It's beautiful, and yet slightly foreboding. Like the calm before a storm.

    Love it!
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the path leading to the tree. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! The colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!
    So perfect ... it almost looks fake.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made great shots in the Palouse. This is one of my favorites! It was very nice meeting you...thanks for sharing the link to your blog!

    ReplyDelete