Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Saturday, October 30, 2010

More Fall Color From Tennessee





Here are a few more photos that were taken in the Smokies.  The above photo was taken in Cades Cove where the color was just starting to change when we were there.  The size of the tree next to the old house really caught my attention here.










This next photo is of an old grist mill that we found on the way to North Carolina.  There were a lot of people wandering about so I had to be patient in order to find the opportunity to make the picture without any humans in it.










Here's a shot of part of the road through Cades Cove.  It was early and a little misty this morning so there weren't a lot of cars on the road.  Nevertheless, it took me about 5 minutes to finally be able to set up and capture this image between having to move out of the way of many cars that were driving through.












This last shot was taken in the Greenbriar area of Smokey Mountain N.P.  I liked the large rock with the leaves on it in the foreground and then the river leading your eye to the trees in the background.  It really captured the Fall season for me.  What do you think?

I've still got more pictures from Tennessee to come.  I'm processing them little by little.  Thanks for visiting and comments are welcome.  Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful group of images from one of my favorite places on earth! The grist mill image is as good as I've ever seen! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grist mill was one of my favorite sights on this trip... and you captured it so beautifully! Especially, since you had to wait for that silly lady in the white jacket to get out of the window LOL
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to jump into your Cades Cove Road photo and take a long stroll. The colors are magnificent. Couldn't you imagine this as a 1500 piece Big Ben puzzle on the old Truman Street dining room table? Mom would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! I clicked comment so I could say something along the lines of what you already posted. Grandma would have loved to put this puzzle together.

    Uncle Bill your talent is impressive. You have a natural eye. :)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete