Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Palouse Barn

I should mention that I am in the Palouse as part of a group photo tour with professional photographers John Barclay and Dan Sniffin.  They are a great couple of guys and it has been a lot of fun so far.  We have been doing a lot of photography.  In fact, I don't remember ever having spent so much time during a single day doing this much photography.  The first day alone I took close to 650 photographs.  Now I'm not saying they're all going to be keepers, but being around the professionals, as well as, the other photographers in our group has already helped me in how I am approaching my photography.  I am confident that this will only help me improve.  

On Day 1 in the late afternoon we went to this spectacular red barn.  Barns don't get any better than this, as far as, photography subjects.  This property was gorgeous.  Anyway the above photo was one of my takes on the subject.

5 comments:

  1. That's sooo cool!
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one a lot too! The light looks really balanced and the sky is so even in color. My only criticism is that the fence in the foreground is so bright white it draws my eye in almost as much as the barn - just a bit distracting from the subject. But overall this is another really cool picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to disagree with you on this one, Brady. I think the photo needed the white fence in the foreground. It pulls the eye around the landscape and adds to the interest of the barn as a subject. In this case, I think competing subjects make the photo stronger.
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brady is right about the fence, but its lines do take you to the barn, as it should be. If JB like I like.

    ReplyDelete