Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mono Lake

I am finally getting around to processing some photos I took up in the Eastern Sierra's a couple of weeks ago.  This one of course is of Mono Lake.  I was hoping for some special light just before the sun came up over the horizon, but unfortunately the cloud cover to the east was too dense and that special lighting wasn't to be.  This one was taken about 40 minutes later when the clouds started to breakup.  Still a very nice place to be just to enjoy the beauty and solitude that is found in nature.  In posts to follow I will be showing some more photos from Mono Lake and its surrounds, as well as, from Bodie ghost town.

4 comments:

  1. Love how the clouds draw your eye to the center and then down to the funnel things. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Even with the cloud cover stealing light this picture is beautiful!! - Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!
    ~Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had several mornings at Mono (I always say everyone should be at Mono for a sunrise one time in their life). I'll bet many photogs had packed up and were walking out when you got this shot. Good for you for sticking around after the sunrise "golden moment." It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete