Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Monday, March 21, 2011

Portland Light

While this is not a particularly unique photograph of the Portland Lighthouse in Maine, it is one of my favorites.  As some of you know, my wife is very intrigued by lighthouses, so we try to stop in at different lighthouses whenever we are in the neighborhood.  This one was taken a few years ago on a trip through New England.  This is one of the most picturesque lighthouses on the east coast.  We were here the evening before but the weather was miserable and rainy and not really photogenic.  So the next day we got up early  and backtracked about 30 miles to try again.  I was glad we did because the conditions were very nice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys went back and captured this lighthouse too. I love the colorful palette!
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete