Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Old Town Orange

Old Town Orange is a nice old neighborhood in Orange County, California.  There are a lot of old Craftsman style houses in this very well kept neighborhood.  In my opinion, this is one of the nicest examples of what can be found there.  I took three separate images of this scene covering an exposure range of 5 stops and then combined them together using Photomatix Pro software.   I then cropped it to eliminate the power wire and car in the driveway.  Below is the middle exposure of the three images taken.


You can see that the final image at the top has detail in the shadows and sky that is missing in the middle exposure image.  That is the advantage of HDR processing as it pulls that missing detail out of the other two images in the three image series.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the HDR version, it looks like a Norman Rockwell drawing.
    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my friend's house. HDR makes it look like a painting. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you were saying now. The picture is more vibrant and I like the play of light that comes through. You did that with Lightroom 3?
    Sindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, for this one I used a program called Photomatix Pro. It is a stand alone software for HDR processing.

    ReplyDelete