Thanks for stopping by

Thanks for stopping by

Monday, January 24, 2011

Half Dome in B&W

Since we're in the dead of winter here in SoCal (high today was a frigid 72 degrees), it reminded me of my winter visit to Yosemite a couple of years ago.  We had clear skies then and relatively warm temps.  But as always Yosemite was gorgeous.  What was really nice was the lack of people.  Late Fall and Winter are great times to visit the park because hardly anybody else is there.  This was one of the many pictures I took of Yosemite's most famous monument.  I converted it to black and white using Nik's Silver Efex Pro.  Having white puffy clouds in the sky would have been nice, but they were no where to be found during my visit that time.

2 comments:

  1. It's no wonder this park was one of Ansel Adams' favorite canvases. You've done a beautiful job capturing Half Dome. Looking forward to seeing more of your Yosemite photos!

    -Sandy*

    ReplyDelete